Welcome Back! The Gunnison Valley Is WIDE-Open!
We’re ready, we’re excited and we’re WIDE-Open! Starting May 27th, we will be welcoming visitors back into our community. 80% of our county is public land, which means there’s plenty of room for you to spread out. Businesses, restaurants, lodging and campgrounds will all be open and ready to serve, while following industry guidelines to keep residents and visitors as safe as possible. We’ve taken the past two months seriously, and will continue to make everyone’s safety our top priority moving forward. It’s time to enjoy the Gunnison Valley again!
Latest Gunnison County Public Health Orders
While the Gunnison Valley and the nation start to open back up, we understand that this pandemic has not gone away. We ask all visitors to the valley to follow our public health orders and request that everyone abides by the Five Commitments to Containment:
- Maintain Social Distance- Easy to do with 2 million acres of public land.
- Wash Hands Frequently- Make sure hand sanitizer and soap are on your packing lists, and use Leave No Trace principles if washing your hands in the backcountry.
- Cover Your Face In Public- We ask all residents and visitors to cover their face when visiting stores, restaurants, visitors centers or any place inside. Fortunately we have plenty of outside to free your face and enjoy the fresh air without a mask, too.
- Stay Home If You’re Sick or At-Risk- Please.
- Report Symptoms Immediately- If you become ill while visiting the Gunnison Valley, please report your symptoms by filling out this form or calling 970-641-7660 as soon as possible.
The following live document is intended to let residents and visitors alike find out what Gunnison Valley businesses are open and how they’re operating.
Plan Your Trip
The Gunnison Valley is WIDE-Open! With 2 million acres of public lands, 1,200+ miles of trail, rivers, lakes, mountains and wildflowers, we’ve got all the space you need for your summer 2020 vacation.
There’s a lot to explore, so get started with these resources: