Most anything you want to know about the Gunnison Valley is contained on this site. Follow the links below for more information on:
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park
- Getting Here
- Frequently Asked Questions
For more information, or to talk to a real person, there are two Visitor Centers in the Gunnison Valley that would be happy to assist.
For questions related to Gunnison or Almont, The Black Canyon National Park, or Blue Mesa please call the Gunnison Country Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Services at 970-641-1501.
For questions related to Crested Butte or Mt. Crested Butte, Crested Butte Mountain Resort, or anything else about the North Valley please call the Crested Butte/Mt. Crested Butte Chamber or Commerce and Visitor Center at 970-349-6438.
The Gunnison-Crested Butte Team
- For information on the organization’s goals and strategy; or
- to get involved as a board member.
Phone: 970.379.5498, Email: [email protected]
- If you have a question about billing (all invoices should be sent to [email protected]);
- if you would like to know more about TAPP’s social media; or
- if you can’t remember how to access your partner account on this website.
- For partnership opportunities, please contact our media buyer Sara Moore.
Phone: 480.433.7464 Email: [email protected]
- If you’re a journalist working on a story or planning a media visit;
- if you’re film scout looking for help with locations and permitting.
Phone: 720.220.5700 Email: [email protected]
- If you’re interested in starting a business in Gunnison County or moving a business here; or
- if you’re interested in working remotely from Gunnison County short-term or long-term.
Phone: 225.715.8857 Email: [email protected]
- If you’re interested in working remotely from Gunnison County short-term or long-term; or
- if you’re interested in starting a business in Gunnison County or moving a business here.
Email: [email protected]
- If you have questions pertaining to GUC flights;
- if you want to sign up for the Gunnison Airfare Club and receive fare sale notices; or
- if you need help promoting your business to fly-in guests.
Phone: 970.275.1906 Email: [email protected]
Rachel brings experience in social media content creation and management, blog writing and management, data entry, and a short stint as the shipping manager for a small business. She loves camping in her car, walking her dog, taking film pictures of mountains and trees, reading, Nordic and alpine skiing, road biking, or anything that gets her outside. She moved to the valley in 2020 and was stoked to join the TAPP team in May 2021.
- To update or create your partner listing;
- to start an ICELab membership (and get the printer to work once you’re here);
- or anything else not listed for the rest of the TAPP team.
Email: [email protected]
Info for Partners
We are pleased to partner with local businesses, non-profits, event organizers, and the Chambers of Commerce in the Gunnison Valley to promote our community and deliver an outstanding experience to guests. To help get you the information you need as quickly as possible, we’ve compiled the FAQ below. If your question isn’t answered below, or you have additional questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our team members.
If you’ve logged in before and can’t remember your password, use the login link in the footer of the site. Then, use the forgot password link and follow instructions to reset your password.
If you don’t know the email address/username associated with your account, email Marketing Manager Katy Mooney for assistance.
If you are holding an event in the Gunnison Valley and would like to talk to the TA about partnership opportunities, reach out to our Marketing Manager Katy Mooney.
- Resident or property owner of Gunnison County, and
- Have significant marketing experience that can be applied to tourism marketing, or
- Have current or past business experience providing services to visitors in Gunnison County as a senior decision maker, and
- View the County as one interdependent and interconnected economic system.
If you meet those qualifications and you are interested in applying to be on the TA Board, applications are typically due in January of each year. The selection committee consisting of the three LMD board members and the two permanent members of the TA Board will conduct interviews and select new board members for the TA.
If you are interested in applying for the TA board and have questions about the process, please reach out to TA Executive Director, John Norton.
Press and Advertising
Thanks for your interest in the Gunnison Valley. We hope this FAQ helps you answer any questions you have about the Gunnison Valley. If you can’t find the answer to your question here, check out our full press room.
Partnerships and Marketing Opportunities
Our role at the Tourism and Prosperity Partnership (TAPP) is to promote the Gunnison Valley as a year-round vacation destination. We have partnerships with the local chambers of commerce and local businesses to bring people to the Gunnison Valley and deliver a fantastic visitor experience.
Our stated goals are to outpace our competitive set in growth in occupancy (as measured by DestiMetrics and tax collections) and hit 70% load factors on all MRG (minimum revenue guarantee) flights into the Gunnison-Crested Butte Regional Airport. During the winter months, we focus on alpine skiing, Nordic skiing and fat biking. During the summer, our largest efforts are invested in mountain biking, but we also promote the great variety of experiences in the Gunnison Valley.
Gunnison Valley Marketing and Event Grant Cycle
TAPP runs an annual grant cycle in the fall. Grants are awarded for events and marketing projects that meet the criteria in our rubric below.
2021 Grant Cycle Information
- We will not provide grants to any applicants that have event dates between July 1 and Aug. 16.
- Any organization applying for funds must send a representative to one mandatory educational session. This session will be conducted virtually via zoom on Oct. 14, 2021.
- Time: Oct. 14, 2020 5:00 p.m.
- Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88534637481
- Grant applications will be due by Oct. 29, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. Please send to Andrew Sandstrom at [email protected].
- Our awards will be announced by Nov. 15, 2021.
- Funding requests for sustainable tourism initiatives are not appropriate for this grant cycle and should instead be addressed to the Sustainable Tourism and Outdoor Recreation (STOR) committee.
- Reports are due on Oct. 1, 2022.
2020 Grant Cycle Information
- 2020 grant cycle reports are due Oct. 1, 2021. Please email your report to TAPP marketing director Andrew Sandstrom.
Rubric and How to Apply
To submit a Gunnison Valley event or marketing grant, review the information below and email your application to Andrew Sandstrom at [email protected]. All grant proposals will be evaluated based on the attached rubric. Questions about our rubric (page 3 below) and scoring on your Gunnison Valley grant can be directed to Board of Directors member Wynn Williams.
Our website is the definitive source for visitors to the Gunnison Valley. It’s also home to the valley’s most comprehensive events calendar for visitors. All local tourism-related businesses and event organizers have the opportunity to be featured in our partners directory and on our event calendar.
Meetings and Documents
- Jan. 13, 2021 7:30-9:30 a.m. Board of Directors meeting (via Zoom)
- Feb. 8, 2021 4-5:30 p.m. Board of Directors meeting (via Zoom or in person at the ICELab)
- March 11, 2021 7:30 a.m. – Board of Directors meeting
- May 13, 2021 7:30 a.m. – Board of Directors meeting
- June 10 noon-5 p.m. and June 11 8 a.m.-noon – annual strategy meeting
- Sept. 16, 2021 7:30 a.m. – Board of Directors meeting
- Nov. 11, 2021 7:30 a.m. – Board of Directors meeting
Meetings are open to the public. We only ask that you RSVP with TAPP marketing manager Katy Mooney if you plan on attending.
Click here to view the TAPP bylaws. The bylaws were last updated at the TAPP Board of Directors meeting on Oct. 21, 2020.
Meeting minutes are posted after they are approved. The 2015 and 2016 meeting minutes have been archived, but are available upon request. For a digital copy, email TAPP marketing director Andrew Sandstrom.
September Budget Meeting