The Rural Economic Development Initiative Grant (REDI Grant) is designed to help rural communities comprehensively diversify their local economy and create a more resilient Colorado. The City of Gunnison has been awarded this grant to administer to local businesses.
The City of Gunnison, in partnership with the Department of Local Affairs (DOLA) and the ICELab, is accepting grant proposals to support existing businesses with viable plans to expand operations and create local jobs. A total of $215,000 in funding is available.
This grant is only open to businesses within the City of Gunnison.
Mandatory Education Session
There will be a mandatory education session (via Zoom or in-person at the ICELab) on March 9, 2022 at 5 p.m. You must attend this meeting in order to apply for the grant. ICELab staff will go over the grant eligibility requirements, and attendees will have an opportunity to ask questions. Please register for the session to RSVP and receive the Zoom link.
- Business must be located within the city limits of Gunnison, Colorado.
- Eligible uses of grant funds include acquisition or renovation of a building or property, physical space improvements, and equipment purchase to expand operations.
- Preference will be given to projects that result in job creation, especially for primary jobs.
- 20% cash match by the business is required.
- Funds cannot be used for payroll expenses, rent or lease payments, or to buy inventory.
- Projects must be completed by June 30, 2023.
View the full list of requirements here.
Only businesses who attend the mandatory March 9 info session are eligible to apply. Applications are due April 20, 2022.
Grant recipients will be announced on May 13, 2022.
Apply for the REDI grant on the City of Gunnison’s website.