- This event has passed.
RMBL Science Trekking Tour
September 3, 2017 - September 7, 2017$1390
Join RMBL for a unique, immersive 4 night, 5 day hiking experience!
Hike some of the most beautiful trails around Crested Butte while learning about RMBL science, geology, and natural history! Eat gourmet meals and experience life in the mining town turned scientific field station of Gothic Colorado. With RMBL’s geologist, Dr. Amy Ellwein, and expert Wildland Trekking
guide, Seth Quigg, you’ll have an adventure to remember!
To create this special tour, Wildland Trekking and the Rocky Mountain Biological Laboratory teamed up and developed a truly unforgettable itinerary that encompasses the best day hikes in the Gunnison Valley featuring RMBL properties. RMBL’s Director of Science Communications and PhD geologist, Dr. Amy Ellwein, will help guests explore in-depth the biology, geology, and natural history of this spectacular area. And Wildland Trekking’s senior guide, Seth Quigg, will ensure this tour meets the award-winning standard of excellence Wildland is famous for.
We will stay in the quaint and rustic cabins on the RMBL campus, where your guides will prepare delicious meals throughout your stay. You will also have access to hot showers, flushing toilets and an array of mountain vistas.
Don’t miss this truly unique opportunity – give us a call today at 800-715-HIKE (4453) to request more information or book a spot today!
- Enjoy 5 days around Amazing Crested Butte, Colorado, “America’s Last Ski Town”!
- Learn about the local history, biology, and geology from a PhD. Scientist with Rocky Mountain Biological Laboratory (RMBL)
- Benefit from the leadership of a senior Wildland Trekking guide to ensure risk assessment and a high level of service quality
- Feast on amazing cuisine and meals cooked by your guides
- Relax in accommodations in the rustic but quaint cabins on the RMBL campus
- Take advantage of a chance to summit towering Mount Baldy
- Enjoy a diverse set of day hikes in the Gunnison Valley: to North Pole Basin, Mount Baldy, Snodgrass, Cement Creek, and more!
For more information and to register online, please visit https://www.wildlandtrekking.com/colorado-hiking/rocky-mountain-bio-lab-science-tour.html