- This event has passed.
Gunnison River Festival
June 22 - June 25
“Celebrating Our Rivers” brings us together the beginning of each summer season at the headwaters of the Taylor, Gunnison Rivers and regional creeks flowing off the Continental Divide. We celebrate run-off, recreation and ecology of our clean waterways
The Gunnison River makes up about 10% of the Colorado River runoff. This pristine watershed offers up some of the best recreation in the state and deserves to be celebrated. The festival areas span from the Taylor River in Almont to the whitewater park in Gunnison. Enjoy a weekend of beers, boats, and fishing whilst exploring the Gunnison Valley’s waterways.
The festival areas span from the Gunnison River North bridge to Jorgenson Park, to the whitewater park in Gunnison. Enjoy a weekend of boats, beers, and fishing whilst exploring the Gunnison Valley’s waterways.
Thursday, June 22 – Saturday, June 24, 2017
Thursday, June 22
- 1:00 PM Free SUP demos, PacMan Pond
- 3:30 PM SUP & Pup Race, PacMan Pond
- 4:00 PM Canine Big Air Comp, PacMan Pond Jorgensen Park, Gunnison Colorado
- 4:30 – 9:00 PM Summer Solstice Party “Western Water Wheels” Live Music with Whitewater Ramble, Food and Beverage available. River Games, Bike toss at the I Bar Ranch, Gunnison Colorado
Friday, June 23
- The Rocky Mountain Rafts Downriver Raft and Kayak Races and Community Float scheduled on FRIDAY night have been unfortunately been pulled due to the High Flows. Come down Friday Night and enjoy great Live Music, Upslope Brewing Company Beer Garden and Gsi Outdoors DUTCH OVEN Cookoff – bring your winning recipe and oven and cook on the bank. Cash and prizes!
- 5:00 PM Upslope Brewing Beer Garden, Food & Music at Gunnison County Whitewater Park
- 5:30-7:30 PM GSI Outdoors Dutch Oven Cookoff (judging 7:30PM) at Gunnison County Whitewater Park
Saturday, June 24
- 11 AM – 4 PM Whitewater Action, Gunnison County Whitewater Park
- Competitions – Kids Education Zone – Vendors
- Freestyle Kayak Comp
- Spallone Foamy Boat Race (for kids)
- Surf the Wave
- Inflatable Rodeo
- Hooligan Race (TBD based on flow)
- 5 PM Block Party and Awards Live Music with Policulture Original Mountain Reagge, Food, Beer Garden, Strider Races for kids and adults happening at 100 South Main in front of the Gunnison Art Center, Downtown Gunnison