Crested Butte Film Festival
September 28 - October 1$15
Crested Butte Film Festival
Crested Butte Film Festival programs the best in world cinema and brings it home to a small-town environment. We’re committed to finding the most artful, moving, creative and provocative films and sharing them with our audience. We award creativity, daring, great storytelling and bravery, and create an intimate, relaxing festival for filmmakers and actors to show their work at. One hundred films are screened during the festival as well as one monthly film throughout the year. We program narrative and documentary features, narrative and documentary short films, outdoor adventure and children’s films.
Always “the last weekend in September”, the Crested Butte Film Festival inspires and educates our audience through films and discussions that spark creativity, cultural awareness, and social and environmental change. The four day festival, September 28 – October 1, 2017, shows one hundred films at multiple locations and brings the best of international documentary, narrative, outdoor adventure and short films home to Crested Butte – in addition to thirty visiting filmmakers and actors. There are multiple types of tickets to suit the needs of any kind of film lover. For more information, passes and tickets visit the website.
Crested Butte Film Festival is a wonderland of transformation. This is an experience that you come into one way, and most likely leave another.
You may come for the films, but you’ll leave with new friends. You may come for the mountains, but you’ll leave with more memories than you can carry. You may come to get away and then not want to leave.
Everything is RIPE for your exploration: the programming, the people, the town, the inviting atmosphere. Here, you’ll find an experience that you can’t find anywhere else.
All-inclusive transformation is at home here and we can’t wait for you to come find it.
FIVE FILMS NOT TO MISSED
- Crested Butte native and World Steeplechase Champion, Emma Coburn, will speak at a Q&A after the 10am, Friday, Center for the Arts presentation of “The Human Condition” a short film program in which Emma has a cameo role.
- CBFF has partnered with Amazon Studios to present episodes from two of Amazon’s most popular shows. Details to follow.
- Kristen Stewart stars in Personal Shopper, a metaphysical thriller set in Paris.
- The documentary film, Bending the Arc, shows the incredible work that the non-profit, Partners in Health, has done to alleviate disease around the world. Heartwarming and uplifting
- Our Outdoor Adventure Programs 1 & 2. Especially the film, Into Twin Galaxies, the best outdoor adventure film we have ever screened.
- Special screenings to be announced! Please consult cbfilmfest.org
Box Office Location
The Box Office is located at the Crested Butte Mountain Theatre
403 2nd Street, Crested Butte, CO
Pick up your credentials, grab a festival program, shop for merchandise, relax, plan your weekend and find other useful information.
Box Office Hours
Wednesday, September 27 12 pm – 7 pm
Thursday, September 28 12 pm – 10 pm
Friday, September 29 10 am – 9 pm
Saturday, September 30 9 am – 7 pm
Sunday, October 1 9 am – 2 pm