- This event has passed.
Chasing Epic: Crested Butte Trip
July 1, 2016 - July 4, 2016$1250
Crested Butte is truly a mecca of mountain biking, and according to some it’s where it all began. Dating back to the 1980’s, the town of Crested Butte has been at the forefront of the sport, and today it’s at the top of everyone’s bucket list. With hundreds of miles of trails, almost all accessible from town, there’s enough here to keep even the most avid mountain biker busy for weeks. Some of the more famous trails are the 401 Trail, Doctor Park, The Dyke, and Strand Hill.
Crested Butte has two things going for it that make it so unique: first is the town itself. One of the last true remaining “locals” towns in Colorado, Crested Butte exudes character and personality from the moment you pull up to the 4-way stop. There are no traffic lights and you’ll typically see more bikes in town than cars. Secondly, Crested Butte sits at the intersection of several mountain valleys, which allows you to link trails together very easily. By doing this, you can do a simple 10-mile ride from downtown, or you can link together multiple trails to create an all-day 30 mile epic ride. With Crested Butte Mountain Resort recently upping their investment in the lift-served trails on Mt. Crested Butte, this area truly has it all. By partnering with Colorado Backcountry guides, we’re able to put together amazing itineraries that will have you licking your lips for more. But beware, the climbs in Crested Butte are for real!
Included with this trip:
- Four days of guided riding (two full days, two half days)
- Double-occupancy Lodging
- All Breakfasts and Dinners
- High-end Demo Bikes: You will receive an email with 24 hours of booking with information on how to reserve a bike for your trip
- Professional Mountain Bike Guides, maximum customer-to-guide ratio of 6:1
- 8-week Training Program with Training Peaks and Through the Wall Training (intermediate and advanced programs available)
- Ride Nutrition (isotonic mixes, energy gels, protein bars) with Infinit Nutrition and Clif Bar
- Lift Tickets and Shuttles, if applicable depending on location
- Trip Planning Services
- Dedicated On-site Trip Coordinator
All Chasing Epic trips are custom-designed, and as a result you will not receive an exact itinerary until a few days prior to your trip. To see an example of what you might expect, visit the Crested Butte location page.
Bringing your own bike? For our customers that want to bring their own bike instead of utilizing our incredible demo fleet, we offer a $100 discount on our 4-day trips. Be sure to use codeNOBIKE4 at checkout to receive your discount!