- This event has passed.
Tito’s Blue Mesa Beach Bash
August 26 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT. NO DAY TICKETS AVAILABLE.
SAVE THE DATE: AUGUST 25, 2018
The Newest SUP Event on Colorado’s Largest Body of Water
The Tito’s Blue Mesa Beach Bash is an event for all ages and abilities! Join us Saturday, August 26, 2017 for the best Stand-Up Paddleboard event in Colorado. SUP races, clinics, games, and more are all included in your admission. Put it on your calendar!
Sign Up Now!
What is SUP?
Stand-Up Paddleboarding is the fastest growing water sport in the world, and quite possibly the most fun. SUP is a combination of canoeing and surfing where paddlers use an inflatable board and a long paddle to move across the water. Since SUP boards are more stable than canoes and kayaks, and are soft and covered in foam, they’re the perfect platform for goofing around on the lake, practicing your yoga moves, or relaxing in the sun.
Old Stevens Creek day use area on Blue Mesa Reservoir. Located about 15 minutes west of Gunnison on Highway 50.
Activities and Event Schedule
- Check-in: 8 am to 9 am
- SUP Yoga: Classes at 9 am, 9:45 am, 12 pm, and 12:45 pm. There may be nothing more peaceful than yoga on the water. Learn the basics or improve your form with one of our specialty instructors. You’ll find your flow in no time.
- SUP Lessons: Beginner lesson is 9:30 am to 10:30 am. Learn your strokes before the race begins. SUP instruction for all levels throughout the day.
- SUP Race: Race starts at 10:30 am. A mass start race for all ages and abilities. The length of the race is approximately 2 miles and starts and ends at the venue.
- SUP Demos. Try out boards and decide what you want before you buy
- SUP Games like Tug-of-War, Jousting, and Frisbee all afternoon after the race
- Live Music from MILLK. Get your beach vibe on!
- Hogwood BBQ and drinks from Tito’s Handmade Vodka and Irwin Brewing included with your ticket.
- Free Shuttles from Western Colorado State University’s campus. Meet at the University Center parking lot to catch a ride at 9 am, 10 am, 11 am, and 12 pm. Return shuttles at 1 pm, 2 pm, 3 pm, 4 pm, and 5 pm.
- 5-9 people- 5% off registration
- 10-19 people- 10% off registration
- 20-29 people- 20% off registration
- 30-39 people- 30% off registration
- 40+ people- 40% off registration
Curecanti National Recreation Area is one of the best places to camp in the Gunnison Valley with multiple campgrounds along the shoreline of Blue Mesa. Book through recreation.gov.
Plenty of hotels are available in Gunnison, just 15 minutes down the road. Gunnison-Crested Butte Reservations can assist you with all your lodging needs. Give them a call at (866) 508-4212.
Registration ends at 11:30pm on Thursday, August 24th. Make sure you get your tickets before then!
This is an outdoor event. In case of severe weather, it may be canceled or delayed due to circumstances beyond our control.