Big Blue Festival
August 24 - August 25
SAVE THE DATE: AUGUST 24 – 25, 2018
We are brewing up something new and amazing this year!
New Name. New Plan. Newest SUP Event on Colorado’s Largest Body of Water is now happy to partner with KBUT Community Radio for a weekend of SUPing, Music and Camping (formerly the KBUT Kampout).
This weekend event is an event for all ages and abilities!
The Blue Mesa Beach Bash has combined forces with KBUT Community Radio to bring you a new event: Big Blue Festival! It’s two days of fun at the I-Bar Ranch and Blue Mesa Reservoir. Join us Friday August 24th at the I Bar Ranch for some rocking concerts brought to you by KBUT Community Radio. Camp the night away at the I Bar Ranch if you’d like or stay in one of our many local lodging properties. Then on Saturday, August 25, head on out to the Blue Mesa for the best Stand-Up Paddle-board event in Colorado. SUP races, clinics, games. Make a weekend of it in beautiful Gunnison, Colorado!
If you are a business that would like to sponsor this event please click HERE.
What is SUP?
Stand-Up Paddleboarding is the fastest growing water sport in the world, and quite possibly the most fun. SUP is a combination of canoeing and surfing where paddlers use an inflatable board and a long paddle to move across the water. Since SUP boards are more stable than canoes and kayaks, and are soft and covered in foam, they’re the perfect platform for goofing around on the lake, practicing your yoga moves, or relaxing in the sun.
SUP event: Old Stevens Creek day use area on Blue Mesa Reservoir. Located about 15 minutes west of Gunnison on Highway 50.
Music & Camping: at the I Bar Ranch located at 850 County Road 49, just east of Gunnison.
Getting to and from: We will be providing shuttles if you would prefer not to drive.
Activities and Event Schedule (this information is from last year, we will update ASAP)
- Check-in: 8 am to 9 am
- SUP Yoga: Classes at 9 am, 9:45 am, 12 pm, and 12:45 pm. There may be nothing more peaceful than yoga on the water. Learn the basics or improve your form with one of our specialty instructors. You’ll find your flow in no time.
- SUP Lessons: Beginner lesson is 9:30 am to 10:30 am. Learn your strokes before the race begins. SUP instruction for all levels throughout the day.
- SUP Race: Race starts at 10:30 am. A mass start race for all ages and abilities. The length of the race is approximately 2 miles and starts and ends at the venue.
- SUP Demos. Try out boards and decide what you want before you buy
- SUP Games like Tug-of-War, Jousting, and Frisbee all afternoon after the race
- Live Music Get your beach vibe on!
- Some food & drink included with your ticket.
- Free Shuttles from I Bar Ranch.
Music Festival at the I Bar Ranch
Lineup to come. Here are a few great pics from last year. Photos by Matt Burt
More into to come.