Big Blue Festival by KBUT
August 24 - August 25
We are brewing up something new and amazing this year!
New Name. New Plan.
Join us for the Big Blue Festival, an amazing SUP event on Colorado’s Largest Body of Water now partnered with a Music Festival!
This weekend event is an event for all ages and abilities!
The Blue Mesa Beach Bash has combined forces with KBUT Community Radio to bring you a new event: Big Blue Festival! It’s two days of fun and music at the I-Bar Ranch and Blue Mesa Reservoir.
Join us Friday August 24th at the I Bar Ranch for some rocking concerts brought to you by KBUT Community Radio. Camp the night away at the I Bar Ranch if you’d like or stay in one of our many local lodging properties.
Then on Saturday, August 25, head on out to the Blue Mesa for the best Stand-Up Paddle-board event in Colorado. SUP races, clinics, games. Make a weekend of it in beautiful Gunnison, Colorado!
Music Festival at the I Bar Ranch
Here are a couple great pics from last year from photographer Matt Burt!
Just announced! Here’s the live music lineup so far:
…and more to be announced!
…and more to be announced!
Now to the water part… What exactly is SUP?
Stand-Up Paddleboarding is the fastest growing water sport in the world, and quite possibly the most fun. SUP is a combination of canoeing and surfing where paddlers use an inflatable board and a long paddle to move across the water. Since SUP boards are more stable than canoes and kayaks, and are soft and covered in foam, they’re the perfect platform for goofing around on the lake, practicing your yoga moves, or relaxing in the sun.
SUP event: Old Stevens Creek day use area on Blue Mesa Reservoir. Located about 15 minutes west of Gunnison on Highway 50.
Music & Camping: at the I Bar Ranch located at 850 County Road 49, just east of Gunnison.
Getting to and from: We will be providing shuttles if you would prefer not to drive.
Activities & Event Schedule for Blue Mesa Activities
- Check-in: 8 am to 9 am
- SUP Yoga: 9:30, 10:15, 11, 11:30 (30 minute classes) Yoga is super fun, but on a paddleboard, even better! Join us for a yoga experience you will never forget. Learn the basics or improve your form with one of our specialty instructors. You’ll find your flow in no time.
- Intro to SUP lessons: 9:30, 10:15 Never been on a paddleboard before? No problem! Our experienced PaddleFit coaches will have you up and feeling confident in no time! Do you paddle all the time? Great! Come hone in your skills to win the big race!
- Fun Race: 11:30 This is a SUP race for everyone! Some people go fast, and want to win, and others, well others are in full costumes and just in it for bragging rights. Either way, this is an event you won’t want to miss (1 mile race)
- Hogwood BBQ: 11:30-2:30 enjoy BBQ on the beach on us! 1 lunch per person
- Sup Jousting/Sup O War: 11:30-1:30 Ever seen American Gladiators? Imagine that, but on the water! Jousting competitions and SUP O War (gather your friends and get a team together!) will be happening all afternoon starting at 11:30. For kids of all ages
- Free Paddle/Play: 1:30-4 There will be inflatable tubes, paddleboards, live music, and water games for all to enjoy or just watch all afternoon.
- SUP Demos: All Day Try out boards and decide what you want before you buy
- Drinks included with your ticket.
- Free Shuttles from I Bar Ranch.