Our role at the Tourism and Prosperity Partnership (TAPP) is to promote the Gunnison Valley as a year-round vacation destination. We have partnerships with the local chambers of commerce and local businesses to bring people to the Gunnison Valley and deliver a fantastic visitor experience.
Our stated goals are to outpace our competitive set in growth in occupancy (as measured by DestiMetrics and tax collections) and hit 70% load factors on all MRG flights into the Gunnison-Crested Butte Regional Airport. During the winter months, we focus on alpine skiing, Nordic skiing and fat biking. During the summer, our largest efforts are invested in mountain biking, but we also promote the great variety of experiences in the Gunnison Valley.
Gunnison Valley Marketing and Event Grant Cycle
Our current grant cycle was completed in October 2019 for all winter/spring/fall events through October 2020. Our 2020/2021 events and marketing grant cycle dates have been set.
- Like last year, we will continue to run a single annual grant cycle. The next grant cycle after this will not take place until October 2021.
- We will not provide grants to any applicants that have event dates between July 1 and Aug. 16.
- Any organization applying for funds must send a representative to one mandatory educational session. For 2020, this session will be conducted virtually via zoom on October 14th, 2020.
- Time: Oct 14, 2020 05:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
- Join Zoom Meeting
- Meeting ID: 829 7672 6445
- Passcode: 236636
- Grant applications will be due by October 30th, at 5:00 PM. Please send to Andrew Sandstrom at [email protected].
- Our awards will be announced by November 13th, 2020.
- Funding requests for sustainable tourism initiatives are not appropriate for this grant cycle and should instead be addressed to the Sustainable Tourism and Outdoor Recreation (STOR) committee.
To submit a Gunnison Valley event or marketing grant, review the information below and email your application to Andrew Sandstrom at [email protected]. All grant proposals will be evaluated based on the attached rubric. Questions about our rubric (page 3 below) and scoring on your Gunnison Valley grant can be directed to Board of Directors member Wynn Williams.
Our website is the definitive source for visitors to the Gunnison Valley. It’s also home to the valley’s most comprehensive events calendar for visitors. All local tourism-related businesses and event organizers have the opportunity to be featured in our business directory and on our event calendar.
If you have a question about a listing on the site or a partner page, email TAPP marketing manager Katy Mooney.