Our role at the Gunnison-Crested Butte Tourism Association is to promote the Gunnison Valley as a year round vacation destination. We have partnerships with the Chambers of Commerce and local businesses to bring people to the Gunnison Valley and deliver a fantastic visitor experience.
Our stated goals for 2019 are to outpace our competitive set in growth in occupancy (as measured by DestiMetrics) and hit 70% load factors on all MRG flights into the Gunnison-Crested Butte Regional Airport. During the winter months, we focus on Alpine skiing, Nordic skiing, and fat biking. During the summer, our largest efforts are invested in mountain biking, but we also promote the great variety of experiences in the Gunnison Valley.
Gunnison Valley Marketing and Event Grant Cycle
We are pleased to announce the next grant cycle for marketing and event grants: winter, spring, fall 2019-2020. Please review the full grant cycle information packet below. Key highlights:
- We are shifting to a single annual grant cycle. The next grant cycle after this will not take place until October 2020.
- We will not provide grants to any applicants that have event dates between July 1 and August 16, 2020.
- Any organization applying for funds must send a representative to one mandatory educational session. We will offer two. One will be held in Gunnison at 5:30 PM on August 27 at the ICELab @ Western. The second one will be held in Mt. Crested Butte at 5:30 PM on September 12 at the Elevation Hotel Board Room. If you have any questions about these educational sessions, please email Daniel Kreykes.
- Applications are due by 5:00 PM on October 15, 2019.
- Grant Awards will be announced on October 31, 2019
- Funding requests for sustainable tourism initiatives are not appropriate for this grant cycle and should instead be addressed to the Sustainable Tourism and Outdoor Recreation (STOR) committee.
To submit a Gunnison Valley event or marketing grant please review the information below and email your application to Daniel Kreykes at [email protected]. All grant proposals will be evaluated based on the attached rubric. Questions about our rubric (page 3 below) and scoring on your Gunnison Valley grant can be directed to Board member Wynn Williams.
Our website is the definitive source for visitors to the Gunnison Valley. It’s also home to the valley’s most comprehensive events calendar for visitors. All local tourism-related businesses and event organizers have the opportunity to be featured in our business directory and on our event calendar.
If you do not have a listing on this website and feel you should, please reach out to Laurel Runcie, GCBTA Marketing Director.
If you already have a partner account, but you’re having trouble accessing your business listing, email Daniel Kreykes, GCBTA Social Media Manager for assistance.