Our role at the Tourism and Prosperity Partnership (TAPP) is to promote the Gunnison Valley as a year-round vacation destination. We have partnerships with the local chambers of commerce and local businesses to bring people to the Gunnison Valley and deliver a fantastic visitor experience.
Our stated goals are to outpace our competitive set in growth in occupancy (as measured by DestiMetrics and tax collections) and hit 70% load factors on all MRG flights into the Gunnison-Crested Butte Regional Airport. During the winter months, we focus on alpine skiing, Nordic skiing and fat biking. During the summer, our largest efforts are invested in mountain biking, but we also promote the great variety of experiences in the Gunnison Valley.
Gunnison Valley Marketing and Event Grant Cycle
TAPP runs an annual grant cycle in the fall. Grants are awarded for events and marketing projects that meet the criteria in our rubric. For more information, view the information packet and rubric.View the packet
2021 Grant Cycle Information
- We will not provide grants to any applicants that have event dates between July 1 and Aug. 16.
- Any organization applying for funds must send a representative to one mandatory educational session. For 2021, this session will be conducted virtually via zoom on Oct. 14, 2021.
- Time: Oct. 14, 2021 5:00 p.m.
- Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88534637481
- Grant applications will be due by Oct. 29, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. Please send to Andrew Sandstrom at [email protected].
- Our awards will be announced by Nov. 15, 2021.
- Funding requests for sustainable tourism initiatives are not appropriate for this grant cycle and should instead be addressed to the Sustainable Tourism and Outdoor Recreation (STOR) committee.
- Reports are due on Oct. 1, 2022.
2020 Grant Cycle Information
- 2020 grant cycle reports are due Oct. 1, 2021. Please email your report to TAPP marketing director Andrew Sandstrom.
How to Apply for a Grant
To submit a Gunnison Valley event or marketing grant, review the information in the TAPP grant cycle information packet and rubric and email your application to Andrew Sandstrom at [email protected]. All grant proposals will be evaluated based on the attached rubric. Questions about our rubric and scoring on your Gunnison Valley grant can be directed to Board of Directors member Wynn Williams.View the packet
Our website is the definitive source for visitors to the Gunnison Valley. It’s also home to the valley’s most comprehensive events calendar for visitors. All local tourism-related businesses and event organizers have the opportunity to be featured in our partners directory and on our event calendar.